1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

J�tul F 50 TL Rangeley - Anyone burning?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by PJF1313, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. summit

summit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine
    ya didn't happen to call Rocky's today, did ya?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I think it was earlier measured at 2.6 cu ft if you loaded it 3" above the firebrick to 12".
  3. Bub381

Bub381 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    I just read that BeGreen, correct! No i didn't call em today but e-mailed em, went back up a few days ago to check the Rangeley again. Liked the Castine and had money down on 1 but they said i can change if need be. Been told a bigger firebox is key to my over night burn i wanted (common sense i guess) so i'm undecided yet again.It sure looks like what we need but hard to say what trouble could show up later with it. Have to take a plunge sometime in life.When they've received their last payment is when my mind will be made up and not until. lol
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Correction, the Rangeley is made from 1/4" steel according to the manual. Still nice and stout.
  5. Bub381

Bub381 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    Does the flue heat shield come with the stove?Also when loading from the top, the gasket that seals this inner damper or chamber is close to the edge of the opening and i was wondering if it is a problem hooking wood into it and causing troubles.It is a narrow opening as stated 6" i believe.Being more careful would prob take care of this but ya never know.Also jrcurto,did you say you were heating 1000 sq ft with this stove or is that just the area of the 1st floor of a 2 story?
  6. Bub381

Bub381 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    Just reread manual.it does.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.