J.A. Roby Ultimate - anybody use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Richards

Feb 22, 2012
Central ME
I was wondering if anyone currently uses or has used the J.A. Roby Ultimate. I read through the forums and there doesn't seem to be many users which makes me nervous to buy. However, the size and 6" flue are appealing.

Yeah, thanks. I have read all of those. I was hoping there might be some more people on here that have burned 'em.

Here is a little more info on this stove. The weight is 460lbs (not 480 as mentioned in one of the previous comments), no ash pan. I asked the company what the efficiency is as it is not listed on their website and they replied 67% and 7.1g/hr. Is it just me or does this sound bad? I know the 30-NC is listed as 1.63g/hr.

Status
Not open for further replies.