J- takeman and others

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Output temps would have to be kept the same. That is where I would need to be with the stove during the test. With the stove set on stove temp, is where I could control the temp the best.

My setup fot the hour meter didn't go as planned. With the hour meter in the curcuit(in series) the stove wouldn't see the Proof of fire switch. I even tried a relay in the curcuit. No go there either.

So I studied my stove a bit and notice as soon as the POF was seen the convection blower started and stayed on until the POF was cool enough. Then the conv blower shutoff. I put the hour meter in the conv blower curcuit(parallel) and it works like a charm.

I thought about trying to go by an output from the control panel. But there aren't any schematics for the control floating around. The convection blower curcuit was the easiest to install and I am happy with it. So I will add timed studies to the pellet testd this season. Should be interesting.

How is your testing going tonyd?

Status
Not open for further replies.