j-takeman vs imacman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
johnnycomelately said:
Cincinnati Kid said:
I would judge based on the quality of the posts, not just the number of posts.

Anyone can post a bunch of bull sheitt!
I think that their records speak for themselve's. Both of these guys are the "real deal" and have contributed immensely to this forum. Not a lot of BS here.

Have you been on the sauce????? hahaha

Well this is just too bizzarre. Cute, but bizzarre.

vettechick said:
Well this is just too bizzarre. Cute, but bizzarre.

Stick around here for awhile you ain't seen nothin' yet...

imacman said:
j-takeman said:
Wait till he hears I'm on bag 19 without opening the door! ;-) That aught to flush him???

Now Jay, about that 19 bags......I just cleaned the stove after about 22 bags, and the stove didn't even break a sweat. You don't want to start THAT contest again, do you? Eric is still licking his wounds from last year. :lol:

Got your attention didn't I? Eric was cheating from the get go! I think mine would be a better challenge. Just peeked in the window(no I didn't open the door!) and I got less than 1/3 full ash pan with 20 bags thru it. I think 60 is gonna be easy, Not including the 6 inches of room from the bottom of the burnpot to the ash pan. If I can stand it I might just let it go until it quits. Just don't like seeing the temp drop of the heat exchanger.

If I decide to continue? I stand a better chance that what Eric brought to the show! But I'll probably wimp out and clean it cause I like the warmth more than a trophy. Cold wifey equals lumped up hubby! If you know what I mean. ;-) Your record is probably safe! And so is top gun here with the post count. JIC though, You might want to keep looking over your shoulder. :cheese:

Here's a picture of what I might look like if the house gets cold! :sick:

Attachments

• ouch!.jpg
    ouch!.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 299
j-takeman said:
imacman said:
j-takeman said:
Wait till he hears I'm on bag 19 without opening the door! ;-) That aught to flush him???

Now Jay, about that 19 bags......I just cleaned the stove after about 22 bags, and the stove didn't even break a sweat. You don't want to start THAT contest again, do you? Eric is still licking his wounds from last year. :lol:

Got your attention didn't I? Eric was cheating from the get go! I think mine would be a better challenge. Just peeked in the window(no I didn't open the door!) and I got less than 1/3 full ash pan with 20 bags thru it. I think 60 is gonna be easy, Not including the 6 inches of room from the bottom of the burnpot to the ash pan. If I can stand it I might just let it go until it quits. Just don't like seeing the temp drop of the heat exchanger.

If I decide to continue? I stand a better chance that what Eric brought to the show! But I'll probably wimp out and clean it cause I like the warmth more than a trophy. Cold wifey equals lumped up hubby! If you know what I mean. ;-) Your record is probably safe! And so is top gun here with the post count. JIC though, You might want to keep looking over your shoulder. :cheese:

On bag 4 with the Fahrenheit. Gonna try and go as long as possible. The auto clean feature is really nice. Scrapes the pot and gives you a clean slate to work with (can also be initiated at any time by the user). Although I know I wont make it to 60 bags. Just because "I" cant wait that long. I am sure imacman's record is safe. Or at least until one of the new CPM or M-55 users dare take the challenge. Even then, it would probably have to be a M-55 Steel (larger ash pan). The Fahrenheit may do it. The previous owner ran almost 5 ton through it the season he ran it and never did any cleaning (other than emptying the ash pan) because it was "plugged" to say the least, when I got it.

Cheers guys and gals. Any newb with a CPM or M-55 wanna tackle the task???

DexterDay said:
j-takeman said:
imacman said:
j-takeman said:

On bag 4 with the Fahrenheit. Gonna try and go as long as possible. The auto clean feature is really nice. Scrapes the pot and gives you a clean slate to work with (can also be initiated at any time by the user). Although I know I wont make it to 60 bags. Just because "I" cant wait that long. I am sure imacman's record is safe. Or at least until one of the new CPM or M-55 users dare take the challenge. Even then, it would probably have to be a M-55 Steel (larger ash pan). The Fahrenheit may do it. The previous owner ran almost 5 ton through it the season he ran it and never did any cleaning (other than emptying the ash pan) because it was "plugged" to say the least, when I got it.

Cheers guys and gals. Any newb with a CPM or M-55 wanna tackle the task???

Another fella that might look like the pic I posted! :red: Go for it dex! You got a big ash pan too! ;-) M55 steel has a bigger ash pan than my Omega.

Need a challenger to step up. Perferably one thats single if you know what I mean!

Flushed out another challenger for you pete! If a furnace counts??? AFAIK dex isn't playing fair with an ash pan that your CPM could probably fit in! :) Is he cheating already???

BTW! imacman 8352 to my 8402 hehe! :cheese: jk-jk!

imacman said:
j-takeman said:
Bank said:
Anyway, very interesting this here "battle". If Jay wins, so be it......we're buds, and he's been putting in overtime here helping all the newbies....especially the ones w/ new Enviros, it seems.

:lol:

That right there was a shot across your bow mister J. Ouch Did he miss??

DexterDay said:
.....The auto clean feature is really nice. Scrapes the pot and gives you a clean slate to work with (can also be initiated at any time by the user)......

Methinks that's against the rules....the rules were that you couldn't do ANY cleaning at all. :coolgrin:

No chance with an M55 cast insert...Ash pan is shallow and small IMHO!!! You can do it Dexter...Beat these North Easterners at their own game!!LOL

imacman said:
DexterDay said:
.....The auto clean feature is really nice. Scrapes the pot and gives you a clean slate to work with (can also be initiated at any time by the user)......

Methinks that's against the rules....the rules were that you couldn't do ANY cleaning at all. :coolgrin:

What about an agitator? Same thing?? No?? Just a device to help prolong the burn.

Just messin with ya. Your record is safe with me. I couldnt go that long. Although it may because of how it does clean (Has a cast burn plate that slides out over the fire and pellets build a fire there. After a few minutes, when the fire beneath dies, the pusher plate (back of burn pot) goes in and out twice(front of pot tilts up to allow clinker/ash to be dumped) and then returns to "home" position. Then the cast plate slides back, and fire drops into pot. Never shutting the operation down). Its a pretty neat system. And the Ash Pan is HUGE...

But it is along the same lines of your stirrer. It just aids in the cleaning of the stove (also scrapes the pot when it does it..). Door does not open and operator does nothing. So I wouldnt see it as cheating, just an edge on the competition. ;-P

I wont be the one to break it. Promise.

Eatonpcat said:
No chance with an M55 cast insert...Ash pan is shallow and small IMHO!!! You can do it Dexter...Beat these North Easterners at their own game!!LOL

Dex has been DQ already!

Jays closing in pretty damn fast.
Keep your chin down imacman and start swinging. this, folks is gunna get good.
Here ....We.....Go!

DexterDay said:
imacman said:
DexterDay said:

What about an agitator? Same thing?? No?? Just a device to help prolong the burn.

Would my self-cleaning burnpot be DQ'ad as well??? I see kykel ran 61 NP without cleaning the burnpot, But the tiny ash pan nicked him so he's DQ'ed. Again the M55 steel has the biggest out of the Enviro's.

Ash pan looks to hold closer to 60 bags worth depending on brand. Running GT's and I could get more if I switched to a lower ash pellet. I think I can I think I can! ;-)

Maybe I'll order up 2 tons of doug fir? Bet I'll run the full 100 bags without a hiccup! :cheese:

j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:
imacman said:
DexterDay said:

Would my self-cleaning burnpot be DQ'ad as well??? I see kykel ran 61 NP without cleaning the burnpot, But the tiny ash pan nicked him so he's DQ'ed. Again the M55 steel has the biggest out of the Enviro's.

Ash pan looks to hold closer to 60 bags worth depending on brand. Running GT's and I could get more if I switched to a lower ash pellet. I think I can I think I can! ;-)

Maybe I'll order up 2 tons of doug fir? Bet I'll run the full 100 bags without a hiccup! :cheese:

And just how do you plan on sneaking two tons past the pellet police?????

SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:
imacman said:
DexterDay said:

I would suggest keeping them in the garage and bringing them in one pocket full at a time...She'll never know!! ;-)

Eatonpcat said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:
imacman said:
DexterDay" date="1323646655 said:

I would suggest keeping them in the garage and bringing them in one pocket full at a time...She'll never know!! ;-)

I don't have a garage, But my bud does. Maybe drop them off there and haul em home a few at a time??? Bet she wouldn't notice anything! ;-)

Oh crap she reads these threads!

As they say on another forum the emphasis is on SHUT UP, don't post it on line for the world to see.

imacman said:
j-takeman said:
Bank said:
Ok, ok, when it the "trash talking" going to start?

Trash talk? I'll let johnny do that! After all imacman and I are buds! He seems to be MIA these days.

OK, OK....enough of the preliminaries. I'm here. And no, no lady friends causing me to miss time on the forum.....just work. Been putting in some hours, and just too tired to fire-up the 'puter after gettin home at night.

Anyway, very interesting this here "battle". If Jay wins, so be it......we're buds, and he's been putting in overtime here helping all the newbies....especially the ones w/ new Enviros, it seems.

Thanks I see how you are attempting to "duck and weave". Do not make me dip you in beef broth and unleash the hounds.

Eric

j-takeman said:
imacman said:
j-takeman said:

This is my install crew, Need I say more?

Eric

Attachments

• amish-mug-shots-600x394.jpg
    amish-mug-shots-600x394.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 300
kinsman stoves [email said:
[email protected][/email]]
j-takeman said:
imacman said:
j-takeman said:

This is my install crew, Need I say more?

Eric

Ah yes...The install crew that is going to prison for life...I believe that the charge is Impersonating Barbers!!

The fella that imacman and I need to keep an eye on isn't dexterday! Its that SmokeyTheBear fella! 5691 posts and counting. Already a firegod even! Joined 2008-11-09.

Oh, He's been known to cause a good bit of trouble around here too! ;-) :cheese: hehehaha :lol: %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.