Jackes Evans Wood Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detenara

Dec 7, 2009
Little Falls, MN
Hey all, I have a question for anyone that might know something about this. I bought a wood stove about 2 months ago and want to install it. It's a Jackes-Evans hearth-Flo wood stove. It is in really nice condition. The model # is J660128 or W-100. Not sure which one. the U.L is 1482-NBRL-RPT and was manufactured on February 7, 1979. Like I said before, the thing is in really nice condition but I dont have an owners manual on it at all. I need to know what the standard clearences on it would be. I would like to have this in writing for my insurance company. I have looked up Jackes-Evans and the only number I can come up with is 314-385-4132 but that is not the number, its a private number. I saw that they merged with Parker Hannifin awhile back but I came up empty there as well. Does anyone know more about this stove or where I can aquire a manual. The only thing wrong with this stove is one cracked block in the firebox. It doesnt have glass doors so its good there. Can anyone help me? Please? you can post here or to my email at [email protected].... anything would be great. Thanks :)

if you can't find a manual on that stove the default is 36 inches in all directions. from combustibles

Would a heat barrier reduce those clearances? I mean 36 inches would kill my living room space. How much would it reduce it if it did? Which is the best one out there? Ive heard about steel and then Ive heard about a mat that is sold now. Do you know which is better? Would you recomend one or the other?

this is something i never dealt with. so i can't help. hopefully someone else that knows more about this end of it will chime in. i have my stove in a corner. and the walls right to the ceiling are brick, so i have no problem like that. i can say that if you have to build something brick is nice for helping smooth out the heat curve. when the stove dies out the bricks continue to throw heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.