Jackpot !!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneyboy

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2010
NE PA
Pinch me !!!!!! Am I dreaming ??? This is most most recent scrounge.... can't take it all since they are thinking of putting in a woodstove... I doubt they will so eventually I will get it all. Majority of it is oak.

Attachments

• jackpot.jpg
    jackpot.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 413
Did you find a stack of cut-to-length oak, or cut it yourself? It looks like it has been there a while.

Front stacks are 3-4 footers, rear stack are 2-3 footers.... About 5 feet tall, about 40 feet long, and yes been "seasoned" in the rounds, I will c/s/s them on my property !!!!But if I go with 5x5x40 Its a TON of Oak, Some Maple, a few birch but a TON of OAK , and its 7 away from my house...

7, you ask...7 what?

7 miles away? NOPE......
7 minutes away? NOPE !!!!!!

7 FREAKING HOUSES AWAY !!!!!!

Yep, jackpot. That is a lot of wood for someone to have laying around with no way to burn it.

I'm drooling!

Wow if you get it all you did awesome! I would definitely get it off the ground asap...

Ray

raybonz said:
Wow if you get it all you did awesome! I would definitely get it off the ground asap...

Ray

Problem is the guy is only a weekender from NYC and has no idea how, to season wood. This is on his mountain property... He wont listen to me about the fact that all this good wood is going to rot in only a matter of a few years because of where he has it stacked, no sun small amount of wind. On top of that he doesnt have a stove or fireplace, except for the outside firepit he has. If I can't convince him to give it all up it is gonna hurt to watch it go wasted. I am getting a good chunk of it but man I want it ALL. I even offered to cut, split and stack a cord for him, but he said thanks but no thanks. WTF !!!! I think it is the wife who vetoed me taking it all. Damn, damn, DAMN !!!!!!!

Looks like it is already getting some fungi growing in there. Won't be too long before the wood turns to crap...

That looks like a sweet find. I hope you get it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.