James Bond had P.... Galore! Rookie has Red Oak Galore!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, question about this bark and split... The bark seems different to me from the red oak, is that because it is a limb or a different type of oak, it smells similar but it Is more brownish in the center. What do you think? Thanks all...

A quick look on the left and cherry came to mind. On the right and bottom, white oak.

Does it smell a little nicer than the Red? That, and the stringiness....maybe something in the White Oak group??
Yes, smells alittle nicer, is stringier, not as red as the other red oak

This is the extra beech image.jpg
I'm thinking this could be ready to burn soon...

I am leaning towards white oak, from what you guys say, it might be 1 small tree in the batch, hard to split , over 20 inches long with protruding spots through log, very hard to split, stringy, better smell then red oak.. Thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.