Jamestown 1995 J2000T burn pot positioned

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whimpster

Feb 24, 2008
Nova Scotia Canada
Cleaned my little beast today....Jamestown J2000T it's and older stove I think it's around 1995.It really throws the heat and I'm very pleased with my new used stove.
My question.... which way is the burn pot positioned?It fits ether way...one side of the burn pot is a bit higher with a curled lip the other side is shorter and a bit of a slanted side.
Didn't pay much attention when I took it out to clean....guess I should have:)
Anyone out there with Jamestown J2000's that can set me strait.

The short side goes towards the back of the stove according to the manual I just looked at, however your description of the pot doesn't fit what is in the manual I just downloaded and went through.

SmokeyTheBear said:
The short side goes towards the back of the stove according to the manual I just looked at, however your description of the pot doesn't fit what is in the manual I just downloaded and went through.

Thanks for the info...I've been to the Jamestown site and looked at the stove manuals.Didn't see the shape of my burn pot,where did you download a manual maybe I can have a look.
Maybe description of the burn pot wasn't clear...my burn pot is higher on one side than the other,on the higher side it curls outward at the top of the burn pot,on the other side is a bit shorter and beveled outward.
Hope it helps.

One linky right here: http://www.jamestownpelletstoves.ca/upload/documents/jamestown-manual-innotech-(1)-(2).pdf

You'll have to copy and paste.

SmokeyTheBear said:
One linky right here: http://www.jamestowns.ca/upload/documents/jamestown-manual-innotech-(1)-(2).pdf

You'll have to copy and paste.

That's the newer burn pot...here's a sketch of a side view of mine.

Attachments

• Burn pot side view.bmp
    586 KB · Views: 365
Status
Not open for further replies.