Jamestown 2700 info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gkp741

Aug 8, 2010
Northeastern Utah
Hello. Does anyone have or know the Jasetown model 2700? There is one for sale close buy. I am looking for a pellet for the basement that can turn on and off via thermostat. Thanks.

They are mistaken. It's the 2000 most likely. It will allow thermostat. Curious, what is a good deal to you on this stove? You may be better off with say an Englander for something cheap used. Great customer support and located in the states. Jamestown is Canada so you pay more for parts if you need them and it takes longer for them to arrive.

Add says $500 for stove and half a pallet of pellets. Picture of stove attached. Just want something reliable.

Attachments

• Jamestown.jpg
    Jamestown.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 176
I have a Jamestown J1000 manual light and it is a good stove. While parts don't seem as easy to find as for my Englander their support in Ontario is just as good as Englanders, from my experience calling both.

The ad must be referring to a J2000. $500 is a good price for that stove and pellets - especially a large stove like that which can be fully controlled by tstat.

Carefully inspect the stove and test before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.