Jamestown Convection motor fan mount

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2010
Southern NH
I know its probably a dealer item, but anyone know if the rubber mount on the fan cage where the motor fits into for a J1000 is available locally ?? It has a small split in it, I temporary repaired with electrical tape.

I personally have never seen Jamestown parts anywhere,I cant even really find a local dealer.But my stove guy was here tuesday and he has a stove store now. called "Feel the heat" He liked my Jamestown and said he will check into being a distributor for them,and sell their products. I would buy a new Jamestown hands down !

Depending on the age of your stove, you may not be able to find a stocking dealer or distributor. My answer when I needed one, was to make it myself. Got high temp gasket material from the auto supply and went after it with a pencil, HD brand new box cutter. Probably cost me $2.00 and a half hour time.

Well the dealer and/or factory does not carry the convection blower motor mounts.. the fix is a $180 new fan. Littlesmokey can you tell me a little more on how you made yours from high temp silicone?

Sorry about any misunderstanding, but I built the "combustion" blower seal from gasket material high temp variety from NAPA. I have built flexible mounts with similar material and stock motor mounts from Graingers. It might be a little tough to heat and get parts, but if you have a Graningers close by, take the motor and what you have left of the mount in to their counter-help. They can generally fix you up. On one stove I dampered noise from the circulation motor using cut pieces of radiator hose, it was done in an emergency for a friend until he could get to the stove store. That was about ten years ago, and he still hasn't made it into town. :cheese:

I think Jamestown (new) is caught in a tight space by carrying on the models and re-establishing a dealer network while not really wanting to support the former makers machines. Hi-Tech made stoves in Salt Lake, and used a lit of off the shelf parts, so generally you can get what you need, or easily fabricate them, after all, they don't fall apart. It's a testament to a good stove that so many are still out here being used and well liked inspite of virtually no manufacturer support for several years. Maybe they should rethink their stocking decisions.

Thanks anyway littlesmokey, I'll shop around and see if I can come up with anything that will work, will let you know

Can you post a picture of the mount? I might have something kicking around downstairs. I may not have the right mount, but I could have the isolator that split?

Here ya go J-takeman, The front dimension is 7/8" back side is 3/4" and 3/8" thick. The square hole in the convection blower is 5/8" square where this goes.

Attachments

• Jamestown Mount Front.jpg
    Jamestown Mount Front.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 302
  • Jametown Mount Rear.jpg
    Jametown Mount Rear.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 380
  • Jamestown Blower Mount Hole.jpg
    Jamestown Blower Mount Hole.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 298
Darn! Thats an impellet bushing. I don't have any of those. There only on the transflow blowers. Sorry I couldn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.