Jamestown in Back

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
Searching for info today about my stove, and source for exhaust blower motor, and a step up (having trouble with clean burn and think after 12 years the motor is getting a little weak), I came across the new website:

http://tinyurl.com/2modd6

Everyone should check it out. They are catching up. Two things that would help a lot of us are videos of the stove offerrings and a technical check list. Amateur Canadian, but much better than anything I've seen on other sites. As a matter of fact it's the only vid's I've seen on any manufacturer's site. Actually goes through the process for auto lighting and a manual light. They now have American support again, one for the West is in my hometown, I'll check them out later this week.

Stoves are updated, but the same basic design, but have auto ignition, and thermo control. Going to see if I can retro-fit. Hee, Hee, Hee, if I can do it for under a thousand, it might be an interesting challenge.

we actually provide a 40 minute setup and maintainance dvd with each of our pellet and corn units , its been quite a selling tool for us , as some of the stores set it up and run it in their display areas. we show the unit in introduction, go into setup (including a basic through the wall install on a mock wall we built) then fueling , running through the lighting sequence , then we show the customer how to clean it , replace gaskets , motors and blowers. thought about chopping it into segments and offering it on the website , but it eats up too much bandwidth for us to be practical for us, maybe in the future.... by the way , your truly here is the narrator :)

Mike, errhhh, Mr. Narrator:

I'm sure it bites the bytes. Rarely have I seen this on a commercial site, but it was impressive. With all the DIY selling you do at ESW this seems a natural. Could cut down on the, "Gee, my stove isn't doing too well. What's wrong?" questions.

For a company that dropped of the face of the earth for a few years, they seem to be real serious about getting back into play. It's not the time to talk about the other half of their line, not impressed there, but if we can get someone to participate, maybe they will produce the first EPA certified OWB.

jamestown is doing OWB's? i didnt know they did mosquito sheds! (when one of tose things burns there cant be mosquitos about ,smoke runs em off)

seriously though , jamestown does seem to be coming back, not too familiar with them personally but ive talked to folks who referred to "thier old jamestown" with affection

stoveguy2esw said:
jamestown is doing OWB's? i didnt know they did mosquito sheds! (when one of tose things burns there cant be mosquitos about ,smoke runs em off)

seriously though , jamestown does seem to be coming back, not too familiar with them personally but ive talked to folks who referred to "thier old jamestown" with affection

Mike,

Seems they make or rep two lines of OWB's. I didn't even look at the data, but maybe in Canada they heat and smoke their meat at the same time. Remember they have extremes we in the lower 48 don't even comprehend.

Status
Not open for further replies.