Jamestown j1000 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shongboy

Mar 10, 2013
Just picked up what I believe is a mid 90s Jamestown j1000. It's kinda rough but I only paid $300 for it and figured with some cleaning and a new coat of pain it could make a nice stove. My question is am I missing something on the back? It looks like something screwed around the intake and combustion fan. It also looks like I'm missing the combustion fan pipe adapter. Not sure where I can get one?

Also what's the best way to test everything to make sure it is completely functional? This is my first pellet stove and won't be hooking it up til next fall as winter is almost over. Can I just run it outside?

Here is a pic of the back.

Here is the pic

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362970935807.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362970935807.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 198
Just picked up what I believe is a mid 90s Jamestown j1000. It's kinda rough but I only paid $300 for it and figured with some cleaning and a new coat of pain it could make a nice stove. My question is am I missing something on the back? It looks like something screwed around the intake and combustion fan. It also looks like I'm missing the combustion fan pipe adapter. Not sure where I can get one?

Also what's the best way to test everything to make sure it is completely functional? This is my first pellet stove and won't be hooking it up til next fall as winter is almost over. Can I just run it outside?

Here is a pic of the back.

Yep looks like it is missing an adapter. Taken from the manual. You can run it outside to test it. I would only do that after a good cleaning and a check of the fans apart from the stove.

this might help you as well. http://woodheatstoves.com/free/Jamestown_Parts_List_8_21_10.pdf

Attachments

• J1000.jpg
    J1000.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.