Jamestown j1000 voltage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greengold

Dec 21, 2014
Massachusetts
Curently have issue with combustion fan motor seems to be screeching and loud whinning noise when set at No. 1 heat level (sounds like the sealed ball bearing are going). When set at a No.2 thru 5 heat level combustion fan sound ok with very slight whinning noise.

My question is has anyone that owns a J1000 with newer control board ever tested the voltage to see what it should be so I can compair and rule out the control board.

Here is what I have for volrage reading.

Level 1 -100 v. Screeching and high pitch metalic noise
Level 2 - 105 v and 104 v
Level 3 and above - 114v

Just incase here are the convection fan readings

Level 1 - 85v
Level 2 - 94v
Level 3 - 100v
Level 4 -105v
Level 5 - 114v

Hi, I have a J1000 also, and I had the same problem as you, twice. Mine made the screeching noise on level 3-4. I took the fan apart and greased the bearings and it did nothing. There also was no difference in fan speeds from 4-5. It is the convection fan motor. I actually just got a new fan from Jamestown right before Christmas and its good now. I would think you can rule out the control board.

Hey green gold. My squirrel cage the convection fan was squeaking. It goes the length of the stove and blows the heat into the room. At first Jamestown sent me a fan for the older version J1000, and I wasn't happy with it, so they sent me the correct part. 07EEH is the part number if you have a newer model stove. Hopefully this is what you were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.