Jamestown J1000B

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
Took a couple of hours today to clean and test fire the new/old (1994) Jamestown. It is a one owner purchase. I don't think it was used much, and was not really cleaned. Openned side panels and found more fuzzies than my computer case after two years. Firebox showed signs of some build up, but not excessive. Small ash pan, and burn chamber meeded some scraping, but not much. My Fein Turbo sucked the dust away. The insulation around the exhaust motor was still white. I plugged it in and turned it on, trapped ash in the veins of the motor spewed a good bit of ash. Tapped here and there and dislodged more. Quite the cloud.

Time to test fire. But all back together, grabbed a handful of the pellets in the hopper, added a little of the starter gel that came with stove and followed the start up proceedures. Within 15 minutes I had a nice burn going. The auger was kicking up a good bit of trash, saw dust and mini-chips. Tweaked the air feed and burned it away. Switched it off, when the burn was good and strong and the stove was heated. It took almost 45 minutes for the circulation blower to shut down. It was so quiet. I was really suprised.

Anyone else have comments about the little stove? It really put out some heat for a 30 minute burn.

I just bought a used jamestown j1000...do u have a manual you could copy and email it to me?

Hey do u have a good picture of your jamestown stove? does yours have the queen anne legs?

Sorry no pictures of the stove. I will try and take some if you need them. My stove is a pedestal model. I had to raise it 16 inches from the floor, because the foundation wall (concrete) is 12 inches thick up 10 inches from the floor. This allows for a safe through the wall exhaust vent. It isn't pretty, but does the job. If you search using Google Images there are lots of good pics of all the optional bases.

Welp installed my Jamestown j1000 today...looks good runs great......

Status
Not open for further replies.