Jamestown Pellet Stoves, Are they any good?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother has a chance to buy a Jamestown Pellet Stove.
Not sure what model it is yet but will try to find out and advise.
I don't know anything about them, and wonder if any of you might.
He said that the man wants $500.oo for the stove.
Is this a decent/good stove?
Is it worth the asking price?

Depending on replys, we may go check it out and see it in operation sometime tommorrow.

Here is a picture of it that he sent me.

Attachments

• Jamestown Pellet Stove.jpg
    Jamestown Pellet Stove.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,438
I have one and it is awesome. I have the jamestown J1000 and it is very reliable.I bought mine used 4 years ago. It is a 1995 and all parts are still readily available from Jamestown. Buy the fresh air kit for it and the bay window door to get more glass if u want,I did and love it. Its very warm,throws good heat and is small in foot print only draw back is mine is manual light.no biggie though.

Any questions please feel free to ask me

Matt

I see it has the bay door glass already.....try to get it for 400.00. That looks exactly like mine to the "T" I would buy another no questions asked long as it runs,feeds !

Thanks mtalea,
Called the guy and found out the stove is a J1000 (manual light).
Went with my brother & sister in law to check it out this evening.
I thought that the stove lit reather easy (guy used a small propane torch) and burn very well (burning Hamers Hot Ones).
My brother seemed to like it a lot :) , BUT the sister in law does not like the idea of manual lighting :snake: .
Brother offered $400.oo for it, but the guy stood firm on the asking price of $500.oo and would not drop a penny.
I left things up to my brother, don't know what will happen.
Brother is willing to get this stove, BUT his wife does not seem to be overly impressed with it :roll: .

Don't know how things will go.

Thank You for your assitance.

The manual lighting is a breeze... used it this fall until I replaced my ignitor. Just a couple squirts of hand sanitizer and it's ready to go...

to bad your in Maryland a guy in branford ,Ct was selling a J1000 with all new parts,new auger,new board,new fans..he gutted and rebuilt it then was selling it for 300.00,I almost bought me a 3rd stove....lol

Manual light is easy,buy the pellet jel no torch needed,just use a match or cig lighter.Jamestown is a very efficient stove approx 95%

good luck to them

Status
Not open for further replies.