jamestown question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtalea

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
Anyone know how to increase the fan speed of a jamestown j1000 without increasing pellet feed rate?

I don't remember the ability to increase the fan rate. I do know you can adjust the feed rate with a reostat(?) on the control board. I think you can slow the feed rate, and not alter the fan rate. What are you trying to do? Or what is the problem?

When I get to the shop I can check the stove and look at my manual. That'll be on Tuesday.

Just looking for more fan output with less pellet feed.....Jamestown told me it can be done on the control board but I dont know which potentiometer to turn up.sine they are not Identified well I dont want to mess with the feed timer ones by accident

Traveling tomorrow and Monday, so I'll check on Tuesday. Just a thought, if you increase the air passing through the heat tubes, you will reduce the stove heat output. I don't see any gain. When I needed to increase the circulation of air, I added a small 6 inch fan near the ceiling pointing when I wanted the heat. Worked very well. A friend added a 3 or 4 inch fan at the base of the stove to push the lower vents away further. That made a real difference in the warmth of the floor.

The Jamestown I have is a pretty basic stove, but very dependable. I tweak it a little, but don't get too exotic. I fiddled with the feed rate when I first got it, but had a hard time with the low setting staying lit, so I have a stop point before the bottom that works except when it's below 10 degrees. At that point I use a midpoint setting over night. Gets cool, but not cold.

For years I have worked with a fellow in Salt Lake who is no longer a member here. He's the real expert on these stoves. I'll email him and ask his opinion.

Great any input would be great........thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.