January Pellet Tally

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfox103

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2011
Littleton, NH
2300 sq ft ranch style house, 2 stoves, 70 Bags = zero oil ( and nice 'n toasty to boot)

Tom C.

silverfox103 said:
2300 sq ft house, 2 stoves, 70 Bags = zero oil ( and nice 'n toasty to boot)

Tom C.

2250 SF, 1 stove, 34 bags and tiny bit of oil for about 5 mins on the coldest mornings just to ensure pipes wouldn't freeze.

2,200 sq upstairs - 2,200 sq downstairs (basement), but only heat about 850 sq of basement. The rest is closed off (Tool Crib, Pellet Crib, Bar and Pool Table room).

So 3,000 sq when I use the Furnace or 2,200 when using the Quad.

Just broke the 60 bag mark this weekend. But I have burned a bit of Cord Wood also.

Might be able to stay under the 2 ton mark?? ;-P When temps are 45° and above, I can get by with just Wood.

That will be a 2.5 ton reduction from last season. But last season was the Winter from H#LL!! ;-P

(Edit: That 60 bags is TOTAL for the year, not just January)

Heating 2k sqft @ 71/72 down & 67/68 up. Ran 41 bags thru my stove in the month of January.

DexterDay said:
2,200 sq upstairs - 2,200 sq downstairs (basement), but only heat about 850 sq of basement. The rest is closed off (Tool Crib, Pellet Crib, Bar and Pool Table room).

So 3,000 sq when I use the Furnace or 2,200 when using the Quad.

Just broke the 60 bag mark this weekend. But I have burned a bit of Cord Wood also.

Might be able to stay under the 2 ton mark?? ;-P When temps are 45° and above, I can get by with just Wood.

That will be a 2.5 ton reduction from last season. But last season was the Winter from H#LL!! ;-P

Good thing pig status is what you keep on hand for fuel or You and I both would be out! Barely 60 bags thru my stove so far. 2 tons might be doable for me too! But betting we see a cold snap to mess that all up. I have never had a less than 3 ton season so we shall see!

wife, kids , 2 stoves= too hot = about 3 bags a day.

1100 sqft. 72 degrees throughout house 28 bags NO "PROPAIN" :) LOVE my lil' P43 I'm gonna go hug him now......

mepellet said:
silverfox103 said:

Tom C.

2250 SF, 1 stove, 34 bags and tiny bit of oil for about 5 mins on the coldest mornings just to ensure pipes wouldn't freeze.

That's pretty good! I have an "L" shaped ranch, which is why I need 2 stoves.

silverfox103 said:
mepellet said:
silverfox103 said:

Tom C.

Certainly better than oil! We bought 150 gallons in the beginning of Sept. and the tank level was 5/8. Now it's just over 1/4. so we have probably used about 100 gallons of oil for those few mornings, 2 days around Christmas (out of town) and for domestic hot water. At $3.77/bag for pellets and $3.40/gallon for oil we have spent just over $600 for heat and hot water since the beginning of Sept.

Where are you in Central Maine?

Tom

mepellet said:
silverfox103 said:
mepellet said:
silverfox103 said:

Tom C.

Certainly better than oil! We bought 150 gallons in the beginning of Sept. and the tank level was 5/8. Now it's just over 1/4. so we have probably used about 100 gallons of oil for those few mornings, 2 days around Christmas (out of town) and for domestic hot water. At $3.77/bag for pellets and $3.40/gallon for oil we have spent just over $600 for heat and hot water since the beginning of Sept.

silverfox103 said:
Where are you in Central Maine?

Tom

mepellet said:
silverfox103 said:
mepellet said:
silverfox103 said:

Tom C.

Lewiston/Auburn Area

900sqft garage, insulated R13 in wall and ceilings, kept at about 62 degrees via thermostat on/off mode, still havn't hit 1 ton since October '11 :)

I have about 15 bags left, the way its going they'll last me thru February!

not sure about january per se.
but i've been burning for 97 days and have burned about 125 bags.

now that the stove is oak'd and i have my system w/ my vornado fans down to spread the heat around, i'm not overburning as much as i was when i started and it was actually a lot warmer outside.
still hoping to reel my overall total for the season back to a bag a day or less before i'm done burning for the year.

About 115 bags so far. Been burning since mid October. No "propain" in 2 years. Love my Englander pellet stove.

175 bags since oct. 40 or so in jan. 1200 sq ft split face block no insulation in walls, r 13 in ceiling. average 70°

2700 sq ft home. Two pellet stoves. 30 bags used thus far.

47 bags

18 cubex, 13 green supremes (includes 3 broken bags @ $2 each) 13 Greene teams, 3 stove chows. could have done better but the castile devours cubex @ 9 hrs when on high.

approx 14gal of oil, hot water, furnace core temp regulation, & i flipped it on for 28 minutes over the month. yes, you guys are encouraging the "sickness" aka diy energy audits. im photographing oil gage every sunday now too...

ray

2200 sqft running two stoves 63 bags for january

42 bags for the season so far, but I "cheat" and burn cordwood also. Can't complain as the wood is free. If I didn't burn wood I'd guess i'd be around 80 bags so far.

about 110 bags so far since the first week of September, sole source of heat for my 1934 1500sqft sidehall colonial in upstate NY with r25 in the attic and original windows! Average temp. 70 degrees. I haven't bought oil in three years! I love my 25 pdvc.

Status
Not open for further replies.