Jaspi Econature

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineiac-Jay

Mar 31, 2009
Northern Maine
Hey there all,
I am doing some research on the Jaspi Econature and I have called Windy Ridge and they are working on a couple of questions, Where are they from and are they UL listed. I was curious to find out if anyone here in the boiler room has had ANY experiences with these boilers or dealings with Windy Ridge. I especially like the induced fan and I am curious about getting parts if necessary and support for these units. Thanks in advance to all.
Jay

Don't think I've ever heard of the outfit (you might try doing a search on the name) - do you have a link?

Gooserider

Never heard of them, but I'm fairly new to this site.

The ones I saw on the website needed to have storage. Anywhere from 500 gals to 1000.

Check out the pricing on Econburns, Tarms, Eko, Wood Gun. There are users of these units on this site. How much more is the EKO?

If you plan on doing storage look at the Garns also.

What part of the state you located? Jay?

Maineiac-Jay said:
I'm located just west of Presque Isle.
I just looked on AHONA and they are looking like 5K plus shipping which is the lowest I have seen them for yet.

There is an EKO dealer in midstate area. I think Sabattus? Probably wrong on the town. But there is a dealer in-state.

E.C. Knight deals in Econoburns'(USA built) right in your area(P.I.). I think these are a bit more money, but nice units. I got to look one over at the show in Bangor. Seen a GARN at the show too.

Thanks for the links... Looking the websites over, I didn't see anything that made me feel terribly nervous. Looks like a fairly standard gasifier design, made by a Finnish outfit to the appropriate EU boiler standards. Had a couple of features that looked a bit interesting, but nothing that made me feel it was an unusually special unit... While the description listed a port for an exhaust gas analyzer, there was no mention in the brochure of it having a Lamda control setup. The controller looked like it was analog based.

OTOH, the brochure was a bit vague in a few places, for instance electrical requirements - Not a big deal, but it would probably mean that I'd want a look at the owners manual, and any other technical documentation before making a purchase decision.

Probably my biggest question is their importation status - It seems fairly obvious that Windy River is bringing the units in, but is this being done with the knowledge and approval of the manufacturer? What (if any) efforts are being done to set the units up for the US market, as opposed to the EU - things like voltage / frequency requirments for motors and electronics, that Americans use *F instead of *C, and so forth? How stable is Windy River, and what are the implications for getting support / parts, especially if they have issues?

I do hope we can get some reports from folks that have used them or are more familiar with them, as I know that I wouldn't want to make my purchase decision based on a single sales brochure...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.