JD 1130 SE Snow blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanningjw

Minister of Fire
Oct 15, 2008
Plymouth, Minnesota
We have had lots of snow in MN. I am so glad that I bought this 11 horse, 30 inch JD snow blower. And they thoght I was nuts to get this beast........
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>
IMG00019-20101211-1843.jpg
</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Drop Box</td></tr></table>

Nice,

looks like it can really throw it.

But where's it landing? Your neighbors?

You guys must be getting all the snow that has missed so many folks. The news people tend to blow these things out of proportion and many think the whole country is buried in snow. Not so! There are only a few areas that have got hit hard. Once again, this last one missed us. Well, we are getting some flurries but that is all.

I'd rather drive that Bobcat - over everything

Sure beat's shoveling. I need to get one. But they are pricey. That looks like a winner. Congrats and looks like you're putting it to use too!

We just finished cleaning up another 7 inches and 2 more are coming Thursday. I bought the blower at Lowes back in August of 09. You can get a good deals at that place, they had 6 of them sitting around that were not sold from the year before. I just called them on Sunday and the blowers are SOLD OUT......

I am gonna get some snow shoes for walking the dog!

I got to use my snow blower for the first time Monday morning. We got about 10 or so inches here. I don't know what the official count was. But it was enough to use the old 1988 Simplicity 8hp, 24". The thing is a beast! It had more power than I thought it would have. It was given to me by my wife's grandfather who's in his late 80's and had no use for it anymore. He took great care of it and kept it in great shape. They just don't make things that last like that anymore. I cleaned both driveways it was a breeze!

Looks like a real Christmas story "You'll take out your eye" moment in the making.

Can you tame that beast on a windy day so you don't end up looking like the abominable snowman ?

:)

That thing looks like it can really throw the snow.
Here is a pic of the snow blower I picked up on Ebay for $25. :)
They were made in the 70's, so it is about 40 years old. Still runs good.
I just replaced the drive belt yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_1496.jpg
    IMG_1496.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_1495.jpg
    IMG_1495.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 414
I recall on youtube, this guy had a small block v-6 mounted on a snowblower. He could throw snow as high as the telephone pole. Way cool.

Lanning said:
We got almost 3 feet of snow this month!

Wow, Thats a lot of snow! Cool toy you got there and with that much snow, Sounds like you need it. We don't get all that much snow, But having a snow blower is far easier than shoveling. Gonna put a plow on the pellet hauler(pickup) next!

bring it on. I got no place to go. I don't care if I get snowed in all winter. My boys will plow me out if they know whats good for em.

Never mind. I don't have the pictures I thought I did.

Bigger is always better. I used to have a Toro 521 and upgraded to a Toro 1028. What a huge difference in power a 5 HP jump makes. This can throw wet snow where the old Toro couldn't even touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.