1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Jefferson/ Clearfield County, PA group pellet purchase?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mopar man, May 12, 2013.

1. mopar man

mopar man New Member

Loc:
    Brockway, PA
    Just wanted to put this out for consideration.

I have seen an add on pennswoods.net about a place in Warren, PA that sells pellets for $199 cash. They are Allegheny Premium Wood Pellets. I have a friend with a tractor trailer that I could talk to about picking them up, or I might be able to get 3 at a time with my truck. If my friend gets them you would have to arrange pickup from Brockway, or I could deliver them if you cover my fuel. Final delivery would be hand unload as I do not have access to a fork lift.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Holy cow you are next to my in-laws, they live in Falls Creek...my Father-in-Law has my old PDVC but he doesn't burn a whole lot and only buys a few bags at a time TSC....have you tried the Allegheny's yet?
  3. mopar man

mopar man New Member

Loc:
    Brockway, PA
    Small world. I haven't tried them yet myself. I bought 1 ton from TSC and 1 from Lowes......they showed me Cheats and put Timber Heat on the on the truck. My stove didn't like the soft wood pellets. I liked the Green Supremes, just wished I had got another pallet when they had them in stock.
  4. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    I think there might be two different Allegheny Pellets...the spelling might be a bit different...the ones that I burned are Keystone made by Allegheny Pellets in Youngsville, PA... They weren't the greatest for me. Here is a pic of the bags that I burned. If it's these pellets, you might want to try a sample and see how they burn for you.

[​IMG]
  5. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    I think you got the better deal with the Timber Heat ,burned them early in the season one of the lowest ash pellets volume wise, for me with great heat . Cheats were up and down for me 1st few bags no issues 2nd batch not as good .