Jefferson/ Clearfield County, PA group pellet purchase?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar man

Jan 12, 2013
Brockway, PA
Just wanted to put this out for consideration.

I have seen an add on pennswoods.net about a place in Warren, PA that sells pellets for $199 cash. They are Allegheny Premium Wood Pellets. I have a friend with a tractor trailer that I could talk to about picking them up, or I might be able to get 3 at a time with my truck. If my friend gets them you would have to arrange pickup from Brockway, or I could deliver them if you cover my fuel. Final delivery would be hand unload as I do not have access to a fork lift.

Holy cow you are next to my in-laws, they live in Falls Creek...my Father-in-Law has my old PDVC but he doesn't burn a whole lot and only buys a few bags at a time TSC....have you tried the Allegheny's yet?

Small world. I haven't tried them yet myself. I bought 1 ton from TSC and 1 from Lowes......they showed me Cheats and put Timber Heat on the on the truck. My stove didn't like the soft wood pellets. I liked the Green Supremes, just wished I had got another pallet when they had them in stock.

I think there might be two different Allegheny Pellets...the spelling might be a bit different...the ones that I burned are Keystone made by Allegheny Pellets in Youngsville, PA... They weren't the greatest for me. Here is a pic of the bags that I burned. If it's these pellets, you might want to try a sample and see how they burn for you.

61301-19cb312ec251bff919291d2c3a2f3da6.jpg

they showed me Cheats and put Timber Heat on the on the truck.
I think you got the better deal with the Timber Heat ,burned them early in the season one of the lowest ash pellets volume wise, for me with great heat . Cheats were up and down for me 1st few bags no issues 2nd batch not as good .

Status
Not open for further replies.