Jersey members

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hareball

Dec 11, 2009
Jersey shore/pines
I'd like to take advantage of the Homeowner Firewood Program here in NJ. I have a few friends with trucks that could help but I'd rather go with someone that knows how to properly drop a tree and section it. In return I'd be willing to pay the fee for you to also get your cords worth of wood plus fuel money for the saw and truck.
The month of Feb. is open still in Bass River State Forest and I'd love to harvest from the other participating forests as well. Bass river gives you 2 days to get it done.

-Bob

Hareball, I just read about the program. Too bads its not by me. It would still be tough for me to pay the $20.

I'm in NNJ and inquired about the program at Stokes and High Point. They said the program was full and not accepting anymore. Bass River is too far for me. Good luck.

Where can I get info on this program. MOnmouth county here

Thanks anyway guys
If you are up North you have one Forest left right now, here is the list-

Northern New Jersey

High Point State Park: SOLD OUT
1480 State Highway 23
Sussex, NJ 07461-3605
(973) 875-4800

Stokes State Forest: SOLD OUT
1 Coursen Road
Branchville, NJ 07826
(973) 948-3820

Wawayanda State Park
885 Warwick Turnpike
Hewitt, NJ 07421
(973) 853-4462

Don't give up hope if a location is sold out. Some have sold out and will re-evaluate the forest and might open back up for more harvesting. Keep checking back!

Just curious, guys at my brothers hunting club inquired about cutting wood at a state owned game preserve and the FIsh and Game folks told him he was welcome to cut, but needed to have one million $ in liability insurance. Don't know if that is true, but curious if it is.

I'm fairly positive it's cut at your own risk.

They need to open this program in wharton. We got hit so bad by the gypsy moths locally that in the summer it looks like the dead of winter. Can't even tell you how many thousands of dead oaks i see when im out ridin.

It would be nice, thats the closest forest to me. Hopefully they take another look nd open up again. Bass River is open till March 15.

Hmmm I would like to do that in a couple years when I get my chain saw and a real truck, my tiny Nissan does not hold enough for much more than scrounging.

Bob,

If it was closer I would consider helping. I scrounge my wood and never go further than say 20 minutes away. Most times it is closer than that.
I know someone who did it and he told me he broke his *ss to get the wood out. they mark the trees and you need to cut and haul out of the woods to your truck.

Hurricane said:
Bob,

If it was closer I would consider helping. I scrounge my wood and never go further than say 20 minutes away. Most times it is closer than that.
I know someone who did it and he told me he broke his *ss to get the wood out. they mark the trees and you need to cut and haul out of the woods to your truck.

Thanks man :)
I'm gonna shot for this in November. :)

im in monmouth county i asked around at local parks rangers said to dangerous but they could use the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.