Jet stream

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

barfield44

Dec 19, 2023
Enfield
Hi I have a jet stream wood boiler in my house I remember my dad q it anyways would you know anyone who would have interest in it ? Or is it worth scrapping? Selling?

The Jetstream are 40 plus years old at this point and there were not a lot of them built. They are some of the most efficient ways of burning wood out there but require a large thermal storage system which takes up a lot of room and in many cases the storage was the weak point of the system which led to many going out of service. There is at least one member on the site still running one and I recently heard of someone in Maine selling one. There is a large refractory cast base then eventually wears out that seems to be the end of them. I think the forced draft fan used is no longer available.

Reactions: hobbyheater
The Jetstream are 40 plus years old at this point and there were not a lot of them built. They are some of the most efficient ways of burning wood out there but require a large thermal storage system which takes up a lot of room and in many cases the storage was the weak point of the system which led to many going out of service. There is at least one member on the site still running one and I recently heard of someone in Maine selling one. There is a large refractory cast base then eventually wears out that seems to be the end of them. I think the forced draft fan used is no longer available.

Thank you that’s what I kind of figured from the small amount of info available online I remember the HUGE storage tank that accompanied it

Would you or anyone happen to know if it’s worth dismantling and bringing to scrap yard I. E copper in the heat exchanger etc

Again thank you for your reply

Hi I have a jet stream wood boiler in my house I remember my dad q it anyways would you know anyone who would have interest in it ? Or is it worth scrapping? Selling?
That all depends mostly on the shape it's in. Got pics?

Thank you that’s what I kind of figured from the small amount of info available online I remember the HUGE storage tank that accompanied it

Would you or anyone happen to know if it’s worth dismantling and bringing to scrap yard I. E copper in the heat exchanger etc

Again thank you for your reply
There's no copper in the heat exchanger even though the heat exchanger weighs 550 lbs.
Take the cleanout door off the back of the boiler and take some pictures of the insides and pictures looking down through the loading door. It was a good boiler and far ahead for its time, and more efficient as anything made today!
Which blower does it have; Vacuum cleaner motor or belt driven blower?
The belt driven blower is worth something. From time to time there is someone looking for one!

Not mine.

1703074343313.png

1703074323714.png