Jetstream/Dumont Tempest

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn-1

Feeling the Heat
Jul 13, 2006
Lakes Region, NH
Yesterday I got to back in time. I found someone who had two Dumont Tempest boilers which were never installed. One had been a demo for the company at agricultural fairs. The other has never been fired. Each is a 135K BTU unit and there are also two flanges and finned copper or cupronickel heat exchange coils. I read through the manuals and these were designed to use three 330 gallon oil tanks in parallel, stood on end for heat storage. They also came with a flange for mounting an oil burner. I had thought that these went out of production in the early 80's but these units were built in the mid 1990's. It's a neat system and I think that the patent might be expired by now, I'm a bit surprised no one has taken advantage of that.

They're still available if anyone might be interested but I found the $6,500 asking price for one with a heat exchanger, flange and Beckett oil gun to be a bit high given that it's extremely hard to find any spare parts and there's no warranty or customer service. They'll be listed in Uncle Henry's next week if anyone in the Northeast is interested.

Attachments

• tempest 4.jpg
    tempest 4.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 598
  • tempest 5.jpg
    tempest 5.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 609
Status
Not open for further replies.