Jotul 118 short leg kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie Dunlap

Feeling the Heat
Dec 13, 2005
Northern Vermont
Is there such a thing? I'm thinking of putting one in my existing fireplace but the 118 is about four inches too tall.

No there isnt. But if your install is on masonary all the way down the ground I dont see what it could hurt. That stove couldnt be lowered if it was on say the first floor and joists were under it though. It runs too hot to pass the temp test.

Jotulguy, will the short legs for the F3 fit it?

They are all the same leg connection. The real issue is the heat. And the fact that the testing doesnt support doing it, unless you are on masonary with ground under it. Then when its all non-combustible it doesnt matter.

Thanks for the help. I figured it was a heat issue. This installation would be in a masonry fireplace with a stone hearth, so heat is not an issue.

So any of the shorter Yotul legs would fit a 118?

Status
Not open for further replies.