Jotul 3 propane to natural Conversion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brushwoodnursery

Sep 26, 2006
corbyn.net
OK, so I got an excellent deal on Jotul 3 made in 1998 and it's in beautiful shape. I didn't worry too much about the gas type because I'm 99% certain I can double my money selling this unit if the answer is 'No". I have NG plumbed to a nice open upstairs of a finished barn. Lots of free air. it's a vent-free set up for propane. I know these are not easy to switch for most models/makes but I wanted to ask what's involved. I have no problem yanking and replacing the valve if it isn't too much $. If i have to go ahead and yank all of the guts and start fresh ($$$), maybe it's better to really start fresh and let this one go. Specs:
serial number 07051
Model JF24
Control type 10

Dan

PS Thanks for this resource!

I dont know of any conversion kit for a vent free anything. Heck i cant even get thermocouples for vent free. I will call and make shure, but im pretty shure the answer is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.