1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Jotul 3 propane to natural Conversion

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by brushwoodnursery, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brushwoodnursery

brushwoodnursery New Member

OK, so I got an excellent deal on Jotul 3 made in 1998 and it's in beautiful shape. I didn't worry too much about the gas type because I'm 99% certain I can double my money selling this unit if the answer is 'No". I have NG plumbed to a nice open upstairs of a finished barn. Lots of free air. it's a vent-free set up for propane. I know these are not easy to switch for most models/makes but I wanted to ask what's involved. I have no problem yanking and replacing the valve if it isn't too much $. If i have to go ahead and yank all of the guts and start fresh ($$$), maybe it's better to really start fresh and let this one go. Specs:
    serial number 07051
    Model JF24
    Control type 10

Dan

PS Thanks for this resource!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    I dont know of any conversion kit for a vent free anything. Heck i cant even get thermocouples for vent free. I will call and make shure, but im pretty shure the answer is no.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.