Jotul 3 TD: Minor Enamel Chips

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipTam

Burning Hunk
I've got a 25 year-old Jotul 3 TD with a grey enamel finish. The stove is located in a summer/retirement home and only operated for a couple months a year. The stove had not been operated for about 10 years when I purchased it 5 years ago and the finish was in perfect condition at the time (not a chip anywhere). Two years ago I started to notice a few tiny pin-head size holes in the enamel finish on the top of the stove (all on the right side of the top). This past fall the number of these holes had increased to about a dozen.

Are these tiny chips to be expected given the age of the stove? The stove still looks in good condition overall and I'll just live with these minor defects if there isn't anything to be done. However, if changing something about the way I burn would stop this problem I would like to hear about it. Oh, by the way, I never put a kettle on the stove.

ChipTam

Status
Not open for further replies.