Jotul 3cb Baffle cement Question ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetooth

Aug 20, 2011
East Coast
i have a new jotul f3cb installed at the beginning of October . I did the break in fires ( 200 , 300 , 400 ) and I have used it 3 more times with stoves temps in the 500 to 550 range . I noticed the other day that there is a thin bead of stove cement where the baffle meets the top of the stove , well this thin bead has mostly fallen out . You can see in the photo on the right hand side where the bead starts and where it has fallen out .

Do you think this is just excess that has squeezed out when the installed the baffle ?

Should I replace the bead with more stove cement ?

This does not seem to affect stove performance . Just checking for safety . thanks

Attachments

• baffle.jpg
    baffle.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 319
  • baffle1.jpg
    baffle1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 264
I am not familiar with this specific stove so take what I say with a grain of salt. My guess would be this is excess cement that was from some other area of the stove during construction that ended up there. I doubt it will have any effect on the operation of the stove. I am sure someone who has this specific model will chime in soon. But, if you didn't have any operational issues when using it before now, I doubt it will be an issue in the future.

Shawn

It's been awhile, but it looks like ooze. I wouldn't worry about it.

That is fine. I just checked the one in my F3 and the spare baffle in the garage. Yeah, I have spares for everything. The edge of that perforated part of the baffle is in a shallow groove in the cast iron above it. Looks like they dab cement at each end to hold it together when they are putting it together.

Thanks for the replies . I figured it was just ooze from the baffle install . Stove has been running great looking forward to winter for the first time!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.