Jotul 3cb Glass Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linesider

Jun 3, 2008
Southern CT
Is the glass gasket on the Jotul F3cb a flat gasket or rounded? The manual says 1/4 LD. But it also says that for the ash pan gasket, which I believe is round. I replaced the door, and the ash pan, and I am reluctant to mess with the glass, but its several years old and I think its time. Anyone do one of these? Easy? I hope. Thanks for any info.

IIRC, this is a round gasket with adhesive backing, but get a confirmation from your Jotul dealer to be sure. This is usually a non-wearing part that should last a long time. If no sign of leaks (sooty streaks on glass?) I would leave it alone. If you do replace it, be careful not to overtighten the glass clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.