Jotul 550 Enamel finish fading on top of door?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkofler

Burning Hunk
Nov 15, 2011
Long Island
Anyone else experience this? On top of the door, almost symmetrically on each side, the gloss finish has faded. It is not dirt or ash, I tried to clean it. Seems like the enamel finish has just lost it's luster. I am trying not to get too upset about it, it is a stove and it will get banged up over the years. But it is only a year old, and I did pay extra for the enamel finish. Maybe I should contact dealer?

Attachments

• IMG_1266.JPG
    IMG_1266.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 134
Didn't get the enamel so I can't say if it's common to the stove but I would definitely contact the dealer. Take a couple photos to document it start and the process.

Our enamel Jotul 602's shine has softened with time. After 28 yrs it is more of a soft patina. Actually, I kind of like it.

Our enamel Jotul 602's shine has softened with time. After 28 yrs it is more of a soft patina. Actually, I kind of like it.

From the pic it doesn't look like an overall change in the entire finish but more like areas that were not properly finished initially. If it was even then probably you have to live with it wether you liked it or not.

The stove is going to age over time. So will all of us. Enjoy the beauty of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.