Jotul 602 Decorative top

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTRob

Jul 17, 2016
CT
Any ideas where one might find the optional cast top for this little stove? Looking for it in enamel green to match my 602. Found an old listing for one on ebay but nothing current. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 243
You'll probably just have to keep an eye out.

Does the decorative top have any function?

It's mostly decorative, besides providing a nice finished look it also acts as a trivet. This works nicely if one likes to keep a kettle on the stove and doesn't want it to boil over.

It's mostly decorative, besides providing a nice finished look it also acts as a trivet. This works nicely if one likes to keep a kettle on the stove and doesn't want it to boil over.

Thanks fro the responses. It is mostly decorative and that's why I'm after it. I think it looks pretty sharp and it will hide the cook plate that looks its age. I see very few pics of the 602 with this accessory, so I'm guessing it wasn't an extremely common add-on. I'll keep my eyes out.

Thanks

We were lucky that our 602 has the decorative top. It does dress up the stove nicely, especially if it's enameled.

jotul602_gh_web.jpg

We were lucky that our 602 has the decorative top. It does dress up the stove nicely, especially if it's enameled.

View attachment 182798
That looks pretty good right there. I have a feeling I will end up possibly paying more for that piece than I did for the whole stove- $99. Have to keep a watch and pounce on it when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.