Jotul 602

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! Turns out the section of pipe I have for my damper had the smoke arrow direction label upside down. I didn't need another adapter afterall. So I got another 1' section to raise the damper up. I just need to pre drill through the Jotul metal plate before i fasten the double wall pipe to it.

The pipe crimp should be on the bottom, facing toward the stove.

Wood_Stoves-45.jpg

pics of install, still finishing up the room, but the stove is in! had 2 small break-in fires already with no issues. draft is ample, but seems different than an insert. i'll have to get used to it.

20131105_192405.jpg 20131105_192420.jpg

You'll want to have the key damper in the open position when the stove door is open or when starting a fire. Close it off when the stove is going well. The stove hearth is quite undersized. The hearth should extend at least 8" to each side and behind the stove and 16" in front. That nice floor will get messed up without adequate protection, particularly in front of the stove.

602.JPG

The stove hearth is quite undersized. The hearth should extend at least 8" to each side and behind the stove and 16" in front. That nice floor will get messed up without adequate protection, particularly in front of the stove.

View attachment 116906

I know its undersized. I'm willing to go with it. I'm the only one tending the stove and it will only be used when in the room. I have another another bluestone piece I can could put in front to extend it out 8" or so.

BTW, the floor is floating, self-stick, vinyl plank, Allure by TrafficMaster. If a piece gets damaged, you just lift it out and replace. We used this because underneath is a cement slab and this room is just in from the deck/pool and sees alot of sand/water in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.