Jotul 8 Catalyst Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceSziber

Aug 27, 2006
Central NJ
After 8 years of good heat output from my Jotul 8 AP, I am repairing it with new gaskets,glass and baffles. I am replacing my cat. combuster, but I am unable to find information about the insulation (not the gasket) that the combuster is wrapped in. It looks like ordinary fiberglass insulation cut into 3" wide strips. What is it and how do I re-wrap it?

Many thanks for your reply or referral.
This is a very helpful (and often humorous) forum!

-Ray

Welcome to the forum ........ Tho I'm unsure of thew answers to your questions , there will be a lot of good information headed your way with in 24 hours so keep checking your thread post.

Corie said:
http://snarf.buyitsellit.com/StoreFront/view?store=2330&view=product&id=9365

That's just one place to buy it, but you get the idea. It's a pretty simple application, just wrap the new stuff around the new cat and set it down into the support frame, so that the gasket seals the area completely and evenly around the cat.

Thanks for your prompt reply! I have that gasket and it is wrapped around the cat under the stainless steel band....but then the whole assembly looks like it gets wrapped in fiberglass insulation and then goes in a shelf over the firebox. Is that right? Jotul just says re-wrap, but doesn't tell you what it is.

WElcome Mr. Ice, where in Central Jerzy, freehold here.

Status
Not open for further replies.