Jotul #8?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipTam

Burning Hunk
I've found a Jotul #8 on craigslist. From the photo, I thought at first it was a number 3. When was the number 8 built? Is it a cat or non-cat stove? How does it compare in size to the current F3CB? Does anyone out there have experience with a number 8. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Chip

the 8 came in 3 versions the first was a non cat pre epa and the second two were cat stoves it is about a 1500 sq heater on average it was a nice stove in its time

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question about the Jotul #8. Seems like others also thought it was a good stove. The two I was looking at on craigslist sold within the week (one for $500; the other for $450). Craig, that's a useful page from the Wiki on older Jotuls. It looks like if a #8 or#3 has draft wheel it's a non-cat. Thanks again.
Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.