Q&A Jotul burning out?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have been comparing the Resolute Acclaim with the Jotul Series 3CB and the Waterford Erin. I read the question in your data base about the possibility of burning out the Resolute Acclaim and I had the same question about the Jotul series 3CB. I have been comparing these stoves and was told that the Jotul may burn out earlier than the Acclaim. Have you heard this about the Jotul? Do you have any pros and cons for each stove. Thanks for all the information

Answer:

The Jotul is a bit smaller in firebox capacity than the Acclaim. Vermont Castings has fixed a lot of the problems relating to the early burn out....Jotul, in my experience, has usually required much LESS service over the years than Vermont Castings

https://www.hearth.com/jotul

Link: Jotul Stoves

Status
Not open for further replies.