Jotul C 450 Blower problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alfiredup

Aug 25, 2008
Eastern Long Island , NY
Hi all. Our Jotul c 450 insert was installed last month and we are experiencing blowers problems. The service person for the store from which the insert was purchased said it was the thermostat sensor . He also said it was the second one he had to replace this month. The air intake regulator is not functioning, it can be moved side to side if you blow on it. Also there is some glue type white stuff on the blue black enamel door. Of course parts needed to be ordered and now we're waiting. Has anyone else experienced this blower problem?

First season with my C450 here, all is in working order.

Just a quick note regarding your "air intake regulator" as you called it.
If it moves by blowing on it, this meant the external control lever is either broken where it engages the actual air shutter (air slider, as Jotul calls it) - or it somehow got disengaged from the air shutter.

Having dissassembled and re-assembled said shutter just out of mere curiosity before i did the installation of my Kennebec, it does not seem likely that the lever would disengage by itself. That's why I think yours is broken, Make sure you have the correct spare part ordered (balloon # 17 on page 20 of your manual).

And good luck if you do the parts replacement by yourself - in order to remove the lever and install a new one, you will need the front of the insert raised for wrench/tool clearance, which can not be done unless you disconnect the exhaust (chimney liner) first... like I said, best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.