Jotul C450 Fireplace insert installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcookcpl

Hearth Supporter
Jun 13, 2008
Western MA
Our stove guys were at the house yesterday and installed our fireplace insert. It looks good. I can't wait to fire it. If the rain keeps up and it stays cool maybe I'll start it's first break in fire tonight.

Congratulations. You'll probably want to do your break in fires while you can have several windows open. New stoves can smoke for the first few fires until all the oils are burned off and the paint is baked in.

Me too! My Lopi Declaration went in today as well. Thankfully no surprises on the install. I might have a small issue with my hearth clearance (17 inches plus a little), but that was expected. I'm not at all concerned from a safety perspective, but we'll see what the inspector has to say. I know some towns in our area have gotten very strict, others not so much.

Prometheus said:
Me too! My Lopi Declaration went in today as well. Thankfully no surprises on the install. I might have a small issue with my hearth clearance (17 inches plus a little), but that was expected. I'm not at all concerned from a safety perspective, but we'll see what the inspector has to say. I know some towns in our area have gotten very strict, others not so much.
Your gona like that stove. :coolsmirk:

Both the Declaration and C 450 are finalists for me! From my research here, it sounds like both of you will be winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.