Jotul C550 Rockland Cost....What are you paying?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbennett78

Hearth Supporter
Aug 28, 2009
Upstate NY
I got a quote from a ocal dealer as follows:

Firebox Matte: $2585
Surround: $320
Delivery/Install/Chimney Line: $1245

Total after Tax: $4370

Does this seem reasonable? What are you guys paying for this same stove? Would it be cheaper to use a chimney sweep to do the install of the chimney liner and stove?

Your quote is right in the ball park.
You'll get a $1300+/- federal tax credit for the install...
I'd say that you oughta ask your chimney sweep how much he charges for the SOW,
but the stove shop should be able to do it right & the chimney sweep may hafta bring another body or two for help,
unless you decide to assist him...

Did stoves prices go up exponentially the last few years? I thought they used to be around $1000-1200. Guess it could be attributed to high oil/gas prices but geez.

What uses to be $1000-$1200? I can only guess thats the labor you quoting that went up? Stoves have not changed since last season (well most haven't) He quoted you $1275. Seems solid middle ballpark to me.

I paid $2300 for a C450 (surround included), $200 delivery and was quoted $950 for the install (labor only, no liner). So that sounds like it's in the ball park. I installed mine which wasn't that hard and saved a chunk of change.

Ended up buying a Lopi, but the best price I negotiated on a C550 was 2500 - that included the surround. I was installing myself so cant help you there.

June 2008, I paid $2400 for firebox and surround. Liner kit was separate, around $450. Installed it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.