Jotul Combi-Fire 4 design history?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

philwarner

Jan 22, 2013
I ran across the following, I think on pintrist or somewhere like that, and I was wondering if there is any truth to this claim or if the resemblance is accidental.

"Jøtul Combi-fire #4 wood stove. It was fashioned after the heads found on Easter Island as a nod to Norwegian explorer Thor Hierdal. c. 70's"

I also found this photo online that let me know I am not the only one who see that resemblance.

Attachments

• Jotul combifire and easter island figure.jpg
    Jotul combifire and easter island figure.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 3,035
Reactions: Billybonfire
I ran across the following, I think on pintrist or somewhere like that, and I was wondering if there is any truth to this claim or if the resemblance is accidental.

"Jøtul Combi-fire #4 wood stove. It was fashioned after the heads found on Easter Island as a nod to Norwegian explorer Thor Hierdal. c. 70's"

I also found this photo online that let me know I am not the only one who see that resemblance.
I also heard this several years ago. Hard to argue with the resemblance!
Does anyone here have a manual? I'd like to know the clearances to combustibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.