Jotul Combifire 1 BTU output?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfritz24

Aug 15, 2008
Cook, MN
Hey everyone. Newbie here with a question.

Do any of you know the approx BTU's of a Jotul Combifire 1? I'm building a small 400sf cabin in northern MN and I have this stove. Not sure if it will be big enough. I used the Hearth.com BTU calc and it shows approx 27,000 BTU's. However, this does not get into insulation and exterior temp. My insulation is high and the temps get low. We set a record in '96 at -60F air temp. "not wind chill". Typically the Feb temps are +8F during day & -20F at night.

My walls are 2x6 with R19 and the ceiling has R38. 20x24 floor plan with 1/4 of this a bedroom. The bedroom will also have an additional propane fresh air/exhaust heater to keep the heat level breakthrough the night.

I'm running a solar powered electric system so there will be a ceiling fan moving warm air around.

Most of my time will not be freezing my arse off during Feb. I'm usually up there during spring, summer and fall.

Any help is certainly appreciated from you all. There is a lot of knowledge on this board.

thanks and good luck

Fritz

Status
Not open for further replies.