jotul combifire 4

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjburns

Oct 16, 2008
Portland, ME
Hello!

I recently purchased this stove, an older jotul model, the combifire 4, and I have an issue.

I want to vent the stove out the top, not out the back. I have read this is possible, but I can't figure out how. The top plate just rests on the top, so I can't figure out how to attach it to the back so it stays in place. The back 'collar' came off OK, but it doesn't fit the top. It looks like the four bolt holes line up, but it does not fit in the recess on the top, it is too big. It seems like it is missing some sort of collar that would act as an adapter. I've called all around, talked to woodmans, and it doesn't sound good, but I'm not giving up.

I've attached an image of what this stove looks like, if that helps.

Has anyone ever vented this stove out the top? Please help...

jjburns

Attachments

• 12b134137ZZZZZZZZZ89td15cf0e2c1a119a6.jpg
    12b134137ZZZZZZZZZ89td15cf0e2c1a119a6.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 987
Good Evening,
I have owned this same stove for 25 years and when I bought it the local dealer got me the kit for about 125.00. I would try jotul direct to see if you can even get one. Good luck, you bought a GREAT stove. I heat 2 floors and about 2500 sq ft. just fine.

Good Luck

Lots to like about that stove. It's a true heater, can pump out massive quantities of heat in a hurry if need be. We ran one for several years but it was rear vented. Check out his link, bottom of the page, for adapter if Jotul doesn't carry it. https://www.hearth.com/prod.html Your stove looks like it's in great condition.

I like that stove. Looks like it came from Easter Island, but the folks that I remember burning in it held it in high respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.