Jotul Combifire 4

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik G.

Hearth Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Connecticut
I'm looking for the manaul on the Jotul Combifire 4. I have one in mint condition and the town won't let me install it unless I can produce a manual with specs. I see a few threads looking for the same thing, and a user who claimed to have one. Did it ever materialize? Can anyone point me in the right direction to get my hands on one? Thanks!

Good serious heater, design straight from Easter Island. :) If no luck here, have you tried contacting Jotul?

If no manual won't the town allow you to install as an unlisted stove (full clearances)?

I did take a run at Jotul, but they referred me to the old manuals posted on the website; none are for any of the combifire models. From there they suggested I contact a local distributor; I tried three in my area but they aren't all that forthcoming, probably since I'm not in the market to purchase. The town didn't mention to me the "unlisted full clearance" option, but now that I know the proper teriminology, I'll go back and see where I get. Thanks for the lingo!

Ask them about installing to NFPA (National Fire Protection Assoc) specs.
That is NFPA 211, which you can browse online.

these guys have a lot of used Jotuls - maybe you can get lucky?
http://www.discountheatingstoves.com/
Also try Woodsmans Parts Plus - they sell parts, maybe a manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.