Jotul Combifire 6/6b

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

customx253

Aug 11, 2015
RI
Recently inherited one of these and would love to get it going again. I've spent some time putting it back together and it appears that I'm missing the piece the goes on top. The manual calls it the "Cover for smoke hole - 100222"

The nice folks at woodspartsplus don't have it and its listed as its discontinued. Any suggestions on where I might be able to find one or something that will fit in its place? Any other alternative solutions? Could I just put a cast iron plate on top of the stove in it's place?

Anything else I should know about the stove before as I think about restoring it?

Stove Info:
Combifire 6b / NO. F 196843
Cover for smoke hole - 100222

That could be a challenge. Maybe try to find another one for parts? Or fashion one out of 3/16 - 1/4" steel plate and bolt it on with some flat gasket material or at least some furnace cement for sealing?

Last edited:
Thanks begreen. I planned on making something as you describe in the interim hoping to run across the correct part someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.