Jotul F 118 CB Adaptation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spangler

Nov 22, 2008
central ohio
Wondering if I can rear vent a Black Bear into a 25-3/4" (h) fireplace opening? The normal height needed is 30", I think. Was told that legs removal and dropping stove body closer to floor would not meet code, but am wondering if there isn't some way... with insulating materials under stove, perhaps in an unorthodox style.

Actually, the floor drops another 4" below the brick hearth -- so some clearance gained there, perhaps. -- and I would need to extend the hearth out under the stove in all directions. Is a slab of slate (over wood flooring) a possibility for the broad area (have no idea what that would cost)... with some other material(s) directly underneath, insulating and supporting stove?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.