Jotul F 500 gaskets, where to buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep Fryer

Jun 6, 2008
East Coast NY
Hi Guys,

I'm getting ready to do some maintenance on my stove and was wondering where is the best place to get a set of replacement gaskets for it. I found a "universal" set on Woodsman's Parts Plus' site for $42.78, is this a good price or should I look elesewhere?

Thanks!

Gaskets can be bought in plenty of places including your local hardware. As for the price, I have no idea how much gasket material you need. You can also look at Woodstock for gaskets and glue.

There are different densities to gaskets and the glass gasket is thin. Check with your local Jotul dealer to get the right stuff the first time around.

Call me crazy . . . but I'm pretty sure if you checked with the local Jotul dealer you could get some gaskets there . . . and who knows . . . the price may be comparable and you will be sure to get the right gaskets.

@ 25 bucks will get you the gasket for all 3 doors (front, side, ashpan), gasket for the glass, and a cartridge of cement.

Thanks Guys! Much appreciated.
I'll look around, unfortunately the dealer I got the stove from went out of business, but I think there is another one here in long island somewhere.

Enjoy the rest of the summer!

So you bought your stove from the Woodbox and I think you now need to go to Ashwood for Jotul items. Hell, if you bought the stove from the Woodbox between 1995 and 2007 theres a 25% or so chance I sold it to you.

Thats right Franks, thats whrere I got it, I got in touch with ashwood, kinda curious to see what they'll be asking for the kit $.
Hope Syracuse is treating well.

Status
Not open for further replies.