Jotul F-55 Carrabasset Current Prices?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusnakes

Jan 24, 2013
SE Michigan
Anyone know what an F-55 is selling for these days? Can't find a price online for it.

Emily

Thanks, you all! I was having such a hard time finding the price!

Anyone know what an F-55 is selling for these days? Can't find a price online for it.

Emily

$2,300 is what I paid. I wanted the blower which cost me an extra $200.

Up here in Canada, (where things are a little more expensive due to exchange rates and such), I paid $2,400 for my F-55 a few months ago. That equates to roughly $2,000 - $2,100 of your yankee dollars.

Looks like the dealer was trying to rip me off on the blower though - I didn't buy it because he quoted me $400. I knew that sounded steep - might have to pick one up next time I cross the line.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but do any of you with the blower on your F55 care to comment on its performance and whether or not you think its worth the extra cost?

Up here in Canada, (where things are a little more expensive due to exchange rates and such), I paid $2,400 for my F-55 a few months ago. That equates to roughly $2,000 - $2,100 of your yankee dollars.

Looks like the dealer was trying to rip me off on the blower though - I didn't buy it because he quoted me $400. I knew that sounded steep - might have to pick one up next time I cross the line.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but do any of you with the blower on your F55 care to comment on its performance and whether or not you think its worth the extra cost?

I feel it is definitely worth it. When it's on maybe 30% speed it's silent. On full blast you'll hear it 10' away but it's not an annoying sound at all. I only run it full blast when I want to dump max BTUs into the air quickly. It's a nice option to have when you don't want box fans around. It definitely puts heat out into the room.

I researched a little on it's cost before I went to the fireplace store to buy my F55. What I found was the blower can be purchased $300 from various online retailers. They all seemed to be selling it for the same price. I didn't want to pay $300. I decided if they would sell it to me for $200 I'd buy. I simply asked my dealer if he could sell me the blower for $200.

It was kind of funny. I had never been in there before. I did all of my research on this site for a full year before making my purchase. I had called months earlier and they were quoting me $2300 for the stove only. So when walked in and asked for the stove at $2100 and the blower at $200 he looked it all up in his system and agreed to it. I guess he figured he would work with me since he put zero work into the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.