Jotul F 600 firelight automatic combustion control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adkriverbeds

Feb 16, 2015
Northern NY
I just refurbished and installed an older (i think) jotul F600 in my hostel and am having to constantly go over and adjust the airflow because the wood i'm burning is not the most seasoned.

Going out on a limb here, but has anybody know of a way to modify to stove to adjust the airflow automatically like some of these fancy new stoves I hear about?

I usually have to leave the airflow wide open for the first 20-30 mins after stocking and then I'll go over and it will be raging. I put it down to about 3/4 closed and it starts to smolder while 1/2 throttle still gets too hot. The stove seems to like burning at or below 3/4 closed once it gets up to temperature and dries out the logs, but to get to this I have to monitor it very frequently for at least an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.