Jotul F100 Air Control Lever

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotulman

Dec 16, 2010
Northwest Indiana
Does anyone know if Jotul has changed in quality or the components they use in their wood stoves in the last couple years?

I just switched from a Jotul F100 Matte Black manufactured in 2008 to a Jotul F100 Blue Black Enamel manufactured in 2009 (I know, frivolous, but I really wanted an enamel stove).

The air control lever on my 2009 Blue-Black F100 is flimsier than the one on the 2008 Matte Black F100. The lever on the 2008 Matte Black stove is rock solid and feels heavy when you move it left to right. The one on the 2009 Blue-Black stove wiggles a bit up and down, is a little less hefty and feels much lighter and less substantial as you move it left and right.

Seems to work fine, but I'm just wondering if something's not right or they changed the components.

The stove door handle jiggles a bit as well, compared to the Matte Black version, which is also rock solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.