Jotul f100 installation question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2011
CT
Looking to pick up a F100 to put in my kitchen. The area is smallish, with a huge 1800's fireplace. I want to install the stove right into the fireplace, with a liner(insulated) coming off the top and going up the chimney. Reading the manual I didn't really see anything too pertinent to installing inside the fireplace - there was a diagram they call a hearth mount installation, but the stove is outside the firebox and venting out the rear. Can I do what I want to do with it, put it into the firebox and vent out the top? I'm imagining clearance to combustibles isn't something to worry about in the firebox - but how do I know for certain??

Yes, you can install it in a fireplace and top vent it. Honor any clearances for combustibles, most likely the front floor if combustible. A block-off plate for the liner to go through to close the damper opening if there is one would be good also. Heat may roll out at the top of the fireplace opening, so be careful if there is a mantel right above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.