Jotul F100 top baffle keeps falling down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nobrabbit

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
I believe I am referring to this correctly - the top baffle- in my Jotul F100 keeps falling down. It's a great little stove except for this problem. It is not consistent in that we may burn for 2 or 3 days with no problems and then hear a noise to find the baffle has fallen down. We do not cram wood into this so it's not a case of us bumping it and dislodging it. When we put it back up it seems like there is not much of a lip for it to sit on. It' almost like it warps and falls off.

Any ideas, remedies would be helpful. This stove has a 5 yr. limited warranty but our dealer is almost 50 miles away so I do not want to lug it back there is I can come up with a fix.

Thanks

Had it happen myself one time three years ago after I had it out for chimney cleaning. Came down in the morning to find coals compressed under the baffle laying flat on top of them. You have to carefully put the baffle back in making sure that the tabs on the ends of it are fitted into the the notches in the top of the side burn plates. It takes a little jockeying to do it but after it is sitting in there right it will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.