Jotul F100 Worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chipster

Nov 8, 2010
SW VA
I have this stove and need to sell it. I have no idea what they are worth. I used it 2 seasons and then moved to a house that I cannot easily use it. I figured you guys might have a better handle on what it is worth. Any help appreciated. Thanks

If I were trying to buy it, I'd be shooting for half of retail and go up or down from there based on condition. If I thought the stove was babied upon inspection I'd pay more, if I thought the stove was run hard and not cared for I'd pay less.

Thanks. Retail is now 1750 but I paid about 1500 new. I guess 6oo to 700 in my area. Not a lot of loose cash in my neck of the woods. Highest unemployment in the state.

That is an almost new stove and we are now entering the busy season. If it's in great condition I'd start at $1000 and allow $900.

Clean it up nicely before showing. Is it painted or enameled?

A vacuum with a brush attachment. Then wipe down with a lightly dampened rag.

The challenge is the sea of small pockets in that lattice top. Q-tip time.

I dunno, in a cash strapped area I think being that high may push folks away. I understand starting high at say 1k but will that attract an email or phone call? maybe not...just saying

The season is young and so is the stove. He can always go down in a couple weeks if no bites.

I went with 800 to try and attract some buyers. In this area a lot of people use homemade pos stoves. The dealer I bought this from went out of business and moved out of state a few years back. The stove has been sitting in my basement for a few years. I hate to see it just sit there when it could be warming someone up. I do miss the heat from that little stove though.

Boy do I feel stupid. All along I thought the stove was a F-100 but I was wrong, I pulled it out and realized it is actually an F-3CB. It's been a while and I think I have lost some brain cells. You guys can share a group chuckle now.

I love my little F-3CB, its a great stove. real easy to operate. too bad you have to let it go. good luck. I don't think it will stay in the basement very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.